Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mother's Day

When I was a (younger) kid, I used to pick flowers for my Mom for Mother's Day, her birthday and other occasions that seemed appropriate. I would often pick the wild violets and dandelions that grow everywhere at this time of year. Just as often, I would find wonderful tulips, daffodils, roses and other flowers, Unfortunately these were often the flowers adorning someone's yard but perhaps just outside the fence or around back of their house. Mom never chided me, but did admonish me not to pick other people's flowers.
 
A few years ago, I decided to undertake a long term project of picking, photographically, all the flowers I could find and giving them to Mom for various occasions. Her walls are now full of these newly picked flowers. About three years ago we had a particularly early and beautiful growth of tulips as well as verdant hosta. I decided to "create" a bouquet and placed two flowers in a beautiful plum colored vase and set this in the midst of the hosta. I photographed the bouquet and gave it to Mom for Mother's Day that year. This is the image on our ecard this month celebrating the bonds we share with our mother's. Posted by Tim Freeman  
--

No comments:

Post a Comment